My teaching method is to provide students with one-on-one attention and to teach in small group so that students receive individual attention. By giving each student personal tuition, it will enable me to assist and guide the student in areas that they want to explore and or have difficulty learning in, as well as to provide constructive feedback.
Painting from photos or real life.
My teaching method is to coach.
I plan lessons around your skill level, interests or tutoring needs.
I give art lessons to students of all abilities. I'll help you by listening to what you want to achieve and explaining key concepts clearly. Don't worry if you're just starting out or lack confidence - I'm here to help you make real breakthroughs and have lots of fun doing it.
Bring with you to painting workshop:
- Paint: paint
- Paint brushes: we will work with what you have, and I will explain the differences between brushes
- Canvas to paint on
- Pallet to put paint on ie baking paper
- Lean painting medium (optional) to thin paint with
- Soap to clean brushes I will bring some or odourless solvent (no turps)
- Rag to clean brushes on (old towel or t-shirt will do)
- Image of painting of your favourite artist, to give me an idea of what kind of painting you want to learn to paint
- An image as references to paint - it is helpful to get you started
- Grey soft pastels stick to draw with or your own choice of drawing tool